Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A New Year.

We had a wonderful Christmas celebrating with family and friends.  We celebrated Christmas Eve at my mom's, then we hosted Christmas dinner for 11 people at our house, hosted our annual Christmas party on Monday evening, and celebrated my brother-in-law's birthday Tuesday night.  I feel like I need a couple days just to recuperate from all the celebrating!   

Can you believe 2011 is almost over?  I certainly can't.  Every year for work, I create a new spreadsheet to track my hours for the year (oh the joys of the billable hour).  It really does seem like just yesterday I was starting a new year and creating my hours spreadsheet for 2011. 

Speaking of work, I am taking the remainder of the week (and likely part of the weekend) to wrap up a pending, urgent work project.  Otherwise, we don't have any big plans for ringing in the new year.  Frankly, sipping champagne while watching Midnight in Paris sounds just about perfect to me.

What are your NYE plans?  I hope they involve some sparkle!    















See you in 2012!

6 comments:

  1. I love all of that sparkle! I'm ringing in the new year with good friends at my favorite local winery! Woohoo! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and sparkly post! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pics!! hope you can get some rest :)

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single one of those pictures looks like what I would very much *love* my NYE to look like...but really, it will be me, the hubbs, and two little munchkins chillin' like villians at the casa. Perfect in a different way, right? (c: Sounds like you had a busy and fantastic Christmas, so here's to a relaxing and fabulous New Years and 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Emily! Have a great new year's - hopefully you get some time to relax! Good luck w/ the project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had a busy but perfect Christmas! Happy New Year Emily and I wish you all the best for 2012 xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!