Monday, January 30, 2012

Options.

Our house has been under contract for the last 12 days, but I didn't want to jinx anything by sharing the news on the blog. But as of 8:00 p.m. tonight, the option period expired!  We will be closing in about 3 weeks.  Yikes!  To celebrate this evening, Justin picked up a bottle of champagne on his way home from work.    


The whole process (offer, inspection, appraisal, etc.) has gone super well.  And right now, I'm knocking on wood that I didn't just derail the process by saying that.  In case you're wondering where we're moving, that makes two of us.  We are going to find a short-term apartment by the weekend and be patient while we try find the perfect house for us.  We've looked at a few recently, but nothing we want to make an offer on.

So if I my posts are more sporadic than normal (if that's even possible), just know I'm likely having a blast packing.  Hope your Monday was equally as exciting!

22 comments:

  1. AWESOME news! Congrats! I hope you guys find the perfect house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congrats - that is sooo exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Definitely deserving of a little bubbly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh congrats!!! {ugh packing} have some of that champers with the packing...it will go real smooth. haha But seriously, that's great news. Good luck with the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily!!!!!!!!!!! That's fantastic. I have been wanting to ask but didn't want to jinx anything either. Congrats. I knew it would fly off the market. It's too pretty to pass up. And good for you. Take your sweet time. . .I always feel like after you have lived in and loved a home.. you are better equipped to know what you really want in the next home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, please. That bubbly… I'd be celebrating too :)

    Anna
    www.anewfoundtreasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOORAY! There's a house for sale a block and a half away from us...just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Fabulous! Glad everything has gone smoothly so far... you must be so excited to find your perfect house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay!! congratulations!! and good luck on your home finding adventure! You know there are awesome homes here in The Woodlands ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoohoo! That's GREAT news, and barely took any time at all! Now comes the fun part: House Hunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! Congrats! Hoping the same thing happens to me soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the sell Emily! Very exciting!!

    Moving is the *worst* though... for me anyway. After we outgrow the condo, I kind of just want to find a house I can live in the rest of the my life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations Emily!!! Enjoy the champagne and take some time to enjoy the house before moving on to bigger and better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such exciting news! Your home is gorgeous, no wonder it went fast! I can't wait to hear about your next home. Such an exciting time for you guys. And p.s. I love your hair wavy- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YEEEEESSSSS!!! That was quick! (c: Thank goodness, right? I'm groaning for you on the packing thing, UGH. I hate packing worse that ugly shoes. And that is A LOT. (c:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woooo hooooo! So exciting, and totally expected since your house is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh congrats and how exciting!! Lots of fun things to look forward to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where are you guys looking to move to?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woohooo!! This is awesome news, Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Emily! Great news! Can't wait to follow new adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!