Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

So I'm a couple of days early, but Tuesday is our 8th wedding anniversary.  I really cannot believe I've been married to my wonderful husband 8 years (and he's put up with me for that long).  Time flies when you're having fun! 

Instead of telling you all how amazing my husband is (which he is) or how much I love him (a lot), I thought I would share one of my favorite memories from our wedding reception.  Surprisingly, it was when he removed my garter.  His friends convinced him to put a lace thong (that they picked up at Wal-Mart) up his sleeve and pull that out instead of my actual garter (without me having any idea, of course).  I should have known something was up since all of the guys were paying very close attention.  Look at those faces. 


I had no clue that he was going to do this, and when I realized what was happening, was embarrassed at first.  Then quickly thought it was hilarious.  And also wondered immediately what my grandma would think.  Thankfully, she was not offended!  


I love seeing how funny the guys thought it was.  Sheer and utter delight.     
 


And my sweet husband giving me a kiss and apologizing for the little surprise.  Clearly, I was very upset.


Thankfully our marriage has still been full of these fun moments together (though not necessarily of him removing a thong -- get your mind out of the gutter, people)!    

Hope you guys had a great weekend.  I'll be back very soon to share our anniversary present to each other!  It's a good one!  

13 comments:

  1. Happy aniversary! I'm only working through our first year haha - can't wait to get to that point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute and sweet -- and you are a stunning bride!! What'd you get...a new house!? :) Happy Anniversary...ours is the 21st. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous photo of you! How cute is that story. I feel like it was just yesterday when you guys were celebrating last year. Time flies. And I love your map art . . . and the san diego trip looked like so much fun. You better call me next time you're in So Cal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story!!! So funny! I love the expressions on the guys' faces. And you look absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That is too funny!!! The photo of you is just beautiful!! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Emily, I just love those pictures and story. So fun. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too funny- I love the pic of you with your head in your hands. And then the one of you smiling and him kissing you- gorgeous! You need to be on a Crest commercial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is totally hilarious...I definitely think that having a good sense of humor is key to having a great marriage...clearly it's workin' out well for you two! Happy Anniversary, you two funny kids (c;

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great! One of the funniest things I've read in awhile. My husband is standing in the kitchen with me as I type this and he is laughing too! You were such a good sport about it and such a beautiful bride, I might add! M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! I am very glad I was able to witness this in person. Also, a lot of bad hair and facial hair on those guys! You were such a beautiful bride, like a Barbie. :) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious and what amazing pics of it! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! I love this story and the pictures...so classic! The one of you laughing is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is TOO funny!! Love that! And you both look deliriously happy! Wishing you a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!